Friday, July 8, 2016

        My First Classroom Observation Experience
Over the course of my observation period, I was able to experience the day-to-day activities of a teacher in my field of choice and get an idea of what my future would consist of as an educator. My school of choice was Wayne C. Schultz Middle school in Waller, Texas and it was an informative experience to say the least. During my time at Schultz, I was fortunate to see the good, the bad, and the ugly of teaching middle school aged children. Although my observation was a short experience, it was very beneficial and has added to the preparation of my teaching skills. During my observation period at Schultz, I was assigned to a Reading/ELA teacher named Mrs. Bennett. Mrs. Bennett was
very hilarious and made teaching fun. She would often tell jokes or
say phrases that had every child laughing. Because of the atmosphere, students actively participated
in lessons and class discussions. Mrs. Bennett never had to ask students to do speak or participate
because they wanted to. I loved the energy the class gave off from Mrs. Bennett’s energetic
personality. She really enjoys teaching.
-Kayla Morrison




No comments:

Post a Comment