Friday, July 8, 2016

                       Am I Good Enough?
I was trying not to make this blog a negative one with so much talk about scares and worries about teaching and my future, but then I forgot about my audience. There are many of my peers out there that may potentially have the same worries and doubts that I have about the issues I am about to touch on. So here it goes. I am super scared for my first year of teaching and it is very nerve wrecking. I've heard many of times how a lot of teachers do not make ir past their first year of teaching due to the challenges they face in their careers. Sometimes the issue is the students and sometimes it is the work. My problem is not the kids, but the work. I constantly have doubts about being an effective teacher. How will i deliver? How would I know for sure that my students are comprehending? These are just some of the many thoughts that run through my mind. I know that I am fully capable of completing any obstacle I come across but I wanted to insure my audience that they are not alone in their doubts. So with all that said, keep the faith! We will succeed and be great teachers.



1 comment:

  1. The first year is rough. There's almost no way around that. You suddenly have what you want -- your own classroom! your own students waiting to be filled with knowledge! -- and it's not all worksheets and bulletin boards and smiles. DON'T LET THE TEST PREP SUCK YOU IN! You cover the content, you move kids from where they are to higher achievement, and you make their lives a little better.

    ReplyDelete